You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Fit Guide - Vehicle Compatibility Lookup
- Returns & Shipping
- 8" 4-ohm marine subwoofer with RGB LED lighting
- Injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- Transflective cone for even glow when lit, appears silver with lighting off
- Polymer basket and grille, with stainless steel back plate
- Marine-grade brass binding posts
- Marine-grade synthetic fiber spider
- Works in sealed or ported boxes and free air applications
Marine Tested: JL Audio's marine speakers are tested in ultraviolet chambers to simulate years of sun exposure, and salt fog chambers to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments.
LED Illumination: There are multi colored LEDs mounted behind the cone in the speaker frame, to create a glow on the cone. Depending on what combination of LED wires is connected, they can light red, green, blue, yellow, pink, aqua, or white. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on. JL Audio recommends a 750 mA fuse on the LED power lead of each speaker. The LEDs can also be controlled using JL Audio's MLC-RC controller.
Materials: The woofer cone is mica-filled injection-molded polypropylene (IMPP) with UV inhibitors. The surrounds are synthetic rubber and the woofer uses a marine-grade synthetic fiber spider with a progressive roll design. The basket and grille are UV-resistant polymer; they encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
Infinite-Baffle Operation: The M6-8IB is optimized for infinite baffle operation so that it can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure. If an enclosure is used, 1.5 ft³ is the minimum recommended volume.
Enclosure: If mounting in an enclosure, JL Audio recommends a 2 ft³ sealed (1.5 ft³ minimum) or 1.5 ft³ ported enclosure.
- Handles up to 200 watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 86.8 dB
- Top-mount depth: 5-1/16"
- Cutout diameter: 7-3/8"
- Warranty: 2 years
- U.S. 48 Only
FREE: 1-5 Business Days UPS
Expedited Shipping Options: Calculated At Checkout
Large Item Shipping Costs: Calculated At Checkout
We ship most orders the same day if placed before 3pm Eastern time Monday - Thursday. Orders placed after 3pm will ship the next day. Orders placed after 3pm on Friday will be shipped on Saturday, orders placed after 3PM on Saturday will be shipped on Monday. We are glad to announce Saturday shipping – however we do not ship on Sundays. We do not ship on US holidays or whenever our carriers take holidays i.e., USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Returns - Online Purchases
Purchases made on freemanscarstereo.com are eligible for a return request within 30 days of order delivery. A return authorization number is required for all returns: any return that does not contain a return authorization number will be refused and returned to the sender. Full refunds are only issued for unopened and unused products.
> Full Refunds
In order to be eligible for a refund, item(s) must be unused, unopened, and in the same condition in which it was received. There is no restocking fee for brand new/unopened/sealed items.
Customers will receive a return confirmation email within 1-2 business days that will confirm receipt of their return and confirm whether or not that return will be eligible for a refund. Approved refunds will be processed automatically via a credit back to the customer’s original payment method.
> Partial Refunds
Any item that is damaged, has missing parts, or is not in its original condition is subject to a restocking fee of up to 50% of the order total. If the box or seal is opened there is a 20% restocking fee.
Installed, used, or damaged items may not be eligible for return or, will incur a restocking fee. These situations include but are not limited to the following:
- Any sign of use - including signs of installation, scratches, physical marking, screw holes, or similar.
- Tags, stickers, or other manufacturer labels removed or tampered with.
- Missing parts or the original product packaging is damaged.
- A product that is returned bearing a serial number that does not match the serial number of the product shipped by Freeman’s Car Stereo.
- Physical damage from drops, liquid, mishandling or similar.
- Damage due to improper return packing by customer.
- Mounted or used subwoofer enclosures and speaker boxes.
- Blown, punctured or fried speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers.
> Late or Missing Refunds
Refunds can take a week or longer to post to your account depending on your bank. If you haven’t received a refund yet, please contact your credit card company or bank. If your refund has still not been posted within 2 weeks of being issued please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
> Online Gift Returns
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to the gift recipient, the gift recipient will receive a store credit for the value of the return. Once the returned item is received, a freemanscarstereo.com gift certificate will be mailed.
We follow all manufacturer’s policies regarding the processing of warranties. Warranty exchanges or repairs are subject to eligibility periods based on purchase date as well as specific manufacturer policy.
Missing serial numbers, physical damage, or customer abused products will void warranties, repairs, and exchanges.
Items That Cannot Be Returned
- - Gift cards
- - Opened and/or used installation parts will not be accepted for return or refund.