JL AUDIO 12TW1-2 - TW1 12-inch Subwoofer Driver (300 W, 2 Ω)
TW1 12-inch Subwoofer Driver (300 W, 2 Ω)
Built on JL Audio's patented thin-line subwoofer technology, the 12TW1 delivers a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability, while operating in insanely small enclosures (0.65 cu.ft. / 18.4 liters). This, combined with a special cast alloy frame design, makes the 12TW1 capable of operating in extremely tight spaces. These include under-seat installations in trucks, 2-seat sports cars and many other creative applications requiring a compact, low profile subwoofer design.
JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 12TW1 using a "concentric tube" structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of a large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
The 12TW1 also features a clever frame design that minimizes the frontal clearance required for the excursion of the driver. This is accomplished by recessing the suspension attachment surface, so that most of the forward excursion occurs within the frame's dimensions. Thanks to this feature, the 12TW1 requires only 0.87 inches (22 mm) of frontal clearance, even with its grille installed. This allows for more efficient use of space and increased enclosure volume within a given overall depth.
Even though the 12TW1 is optimized for an enclosure much smaller than any other JL Audio twelve-inch subwoofer driver, it never sounds like a big woofer struggling in a tiny box...instead, it delivers all the rich, deep, controlled bass you have come to expect from a JL Audio subwoofer system.
- Very shallow mounting depth (4.62 in / 117 mm)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability (0.40 in / 10 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor design
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Cast alloy frame with flat edges for tight driver grouping
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Steel mesh grille included with each driver
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||300 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||75 - 300 W|
|Nominal Impedance (Znom)||2 Ω|
|Nominal Diameter||12.0 in / 300 mm|
|Overall Diameter (A)||12.375 in / 314 mm|
|Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||11.0625 in / 281 mm|
|Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (C)||11.7 in / 297 mm|
|Motor Outer Diameter (D)||5.71 in / 145 mm|
|Mounting Depth (E)||4.62 in / 117 mm|
|Front Grille Protrusion (F)||0.87 in / 22 mm|
|Driver Displacement||0.072 cu ft / 2.04 L|
|Net Weight||16.5 lb / 7.5 kg|
|Free Air Resonance (Fs)||35.06 Hz|
|Electrical “Q” (Qes)||0.61|
|Mechanical “Q” (Qms)||10.662|
|Total Speaker “Q” (Qts)||0.577|
|Equivalent Compliance (Vas)||1.008 cu ft / 28.54 L|
|One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*||0.40 in / 10.0 mm|
|Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**||85.07 dB SPL|
|Effective Piston Area (Sd)||67.608 sq in / 0.0436 sq m|
|DC Resistance (Re)||2.430 Ω|
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.
Sealed Enclosure Specifications
|Wall Thickness||0.75 in / 19 mm|
|Front Baffle Thickness||0.75 in / 19 mm|
|Volume (net int.)||0.65 cu ft / 18.41 L|
|External Width (W)||26.50 in / 673 mm|
|External Height (H)||14 in / 356 mm|
|External Depth (D)||5.50 in / 140 mm|
* The enclosure recommendations listed above are external dimensions which assume the use of 0.75 in (19 mm) thick material. If you are using 0.625 in (16 mm) thick material, subtract 0.25 in (6.5 mm) from each dimension. Do not use any material with a thickness of less than 0.625 in (16 mm) as this may compromise the rigidity of the enclosure.
* All enclosure volumes listed above are net internal volumes! Driver displacement, port displacement and brace displacement must be added to obtain the final gross internal volume. All enclosure dimensions above have already taken this into account.
* When using multiple subwoofers in a common enclosure you will need to recalculate the enclosure and port dimensions. For assistance please contact your authorized JL Audio dealer or JL Audio Technical Support.
* We recommend the use of this speaker in a bi-amplified system using high-quality satellite speakers and a high-quality amplifier. We do not recommend the use of this subwoofer with a passive crossover (coil), as this type of device will adversely affect performance.
* All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prolonged exposure to sound pressure levels in excess of 100dB can cause permanent hearing loss. This high-performance speaker can exceed this level. Please exercise restraint in its operation in order to preserve your ability to enjoy its fidelity.
When installing a subwoofer in your vehicle, it is extremely important to secure the enclosure firmly. We recommend bolting the enclosure through the metal of the floorpan or the frame of the vehicle with large diameter washers for reinforcement. If an enclosure is not firmly attached, it can become a projectile in a collision. This is particularly important in a hatchback, station wagon, sports utility vehicle, or van.
|Wall Thickness||0.75 in / 19 mm|
|Front Baffle Thickness||0.75 in / 19 mm|
|Volume (net int.)||1.125 cu ft / 31.86 L|
|External Width (W)||31.75 in / 806 mm|
|External Height (H)||16 in / 406 mm|
|External Depth (D)||7 in / 178 mm|
|Internal Slot Port Width (SW)||5.50 in / 140 mm|
|Internal Slot Port Height (SH)||2.25 in / 57 mm|
|Internal Slot Port Length (SL)||22.625 in / 575 mm|
|Port Extension Length (EL)||20.75 in / 527 mm|
|Tuning Frequency (Fb)||34.0 Hz|
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days or less have gone by since your purchase, we are happy to issue a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable):
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: 19010 Statesville Rd Cornelius North Carolina US 28031.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 19010 Statesville Rd Cornelius North Carolina US 28031
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.