Kenwood XR400-4 - eXcelon Reference Fit 4-Channel Digital Power Amplifier
eXcelon Reference Fit 4-Channel Digital Power Amplifier
Excelon Performance & Quality
- eXcelon products incorporate the latest technologies and deliver the highest sonic performance. From advanced audio tuning capabilities, crossover and equalizer systems, high voltage preouts and two-year warranty, eXcelon represents the very best product available.
Small Footprint Design
- Reference-Fit amplifiers are KENWOOD’s best sounding amps and have one of the smallest footprints in their class, making them the perfect solution for vehicle installation where space is at a premium. This compact size was made possible by the development of a high-density mount circuit board in conjunction with an enhanced air cooling and heat control systems. KENWOOD’s created a compact amplifier that enables installation in tight locations previously restricted to lower performance amps. This is ideal for users who do not wish to sacrifice space or prefer a stealth installation.
- By positioning the fan in close proximity to heat producing circuitry, heat is dissipated efficiently. This allows the amplifier to operate at comfortable temperature levels even under the most stressful conditions.
Variable Low-Pass Filter
- Filters high frequencies out of the music and improves efficiency and sound quality by allowing only the low frequencies to pass to the subwoofer.
Variable High-Pass Filter
- Filters low frequencies out of the music and passes only signals above a certain frequency (called the cutoff frequency) to mid and high range speakers.
Gold-Plated Line Input Terminals
- This type of connector is non-corrosive and will maintain conductivity for long periods of time. Gold-plated connectors inherently have lower contact resistance resulting in wider frequency response, lower distortion with improved dynamic range and signal to noise ratio.
- These HEX-type terminals can accommodate up to AWG 4 - AWG 6 battery and ground wire thickness for better voltage maintenance from the vehicle's battery. The HEX type design allows for maximum tightening and contact onto the wire.
Speaker Output Terminals
- These HEX-type terminals can accommodate up to AWG 8 - AWG 12 speaker wire thickness for better signal delivery to speakers. The HEX type design allows for maximum tightening and contact onto the wire.
- Operating Voltage: 14.4V (11 - 16 V allowable)
Current Consumption: 37 A
Dimensions (W x H x D): 220 x 35 x 169 mm (8-11/16 x 1-3/8 x 6-5/8)
Weight: 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)