JL Audio - MM50: Weatherproof Source Unit with Full-Color LCD Display - 25 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ω
MediaMaster® - Full-featured, weatherproof marine source unit with full color LCD display - 25 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ω
The MediaMaster® 50 is a high-performance, single-chassis, powered source unit, engineered to deliver outstanding fidelity and advanced audio features on your boat, UTV and many other outdoor applications.
Equipped with a variety of mechless audio source options, the MM50 includes a Digital AM/FM Tuner, Bluetooth® connectivity, a USB connection for a USB drive or iPhone® and an Analog AUX input, all designed to ensure non-stop playback of your favorite soundtracks, no matter how bumpy the ride. A rugged, weatherproof (IP66 rated) chassis houses a 2.8-inch full-color LCD display, with separate Day/Night lighting themes for visibility, even in bright sunshine. When in motion, you will also appreciate the clean, uncluttered user interface with big text and large backlit controls.
Audio output options include a rock-solid, onboard amplifier, capable of powering your speakers with 100 watts (25W RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms) of break-through sound, as well as six channels of audiophile-quality preamp outputs from two independent main zones, plus a dedicated subwoofer zone. Each zone has its own flexible audio options and is controlled by a configurable master volume knob for quick, on-the-fly level adjustments, giving you complete command of volume levels in different areas of your boat.
With certified NMEA-2000® connectivity, the MM50 also offers control functionality using your Garmin, Lowrance, Raymarine or Simrad Multifunction Display! (MFD)
Need additional information on making MediaMaster® connections?
View the MediaMaster® Remote Compatibility Help Center Article.
- Digital AM/FM Tuner with RDS (Radio Data System) – Displays extended FM program info, where available
- 18 Favorites – Store up to 18 of your favorite AM/FM stations for quick access
- Bluetooth® v2.1 – Receive top-quality wireless audio from compatible devices with playback control, from up to 35 ft. (11 m) away
- USB 2.0 direct digital connection for an iPhone® or USB storage device, with album cover art support and folder browsing capabilities
- Auxiliary inputs accept audio signals from any source with line-level outputs
- Conveniently charge your phone or media player with a 2.1 amp USB output
- NMEA 2000® Certified – Equipped with a NMEA 2000® connector (Micro-C), the MM50 interfaces directly with existing vessel networks and offers control functionality via a compatible MFD (Multi-Function Display) from Garmin, Lowrance and Simrad (refer to MFD manufacturer for device compatibility info) or MMR-40 NMEA 2000® Network Controller (sold separately).
- Remote controller connection delivers auxiliary control functionality from extended locations
- IP66 rated for real marine duty
- Protective Sun Cover included
Customizable Controls over three separate audio zones:
Level Control Mode delivers on-the-fly volume adjustments of all zones, together or individually. Each zone includes independent feature/control options, including:
- Variable: The volume knob adjusts all zones simultaneously, with independent control of each zone’s relative offset level.
- Fixed: Sets the output level of selected zones at a specific output voltage (4V, 2V or 1V RMS) that is not affected by the volume control.
- Off: Disables the output level of selected zones.
- Volume Limit: Allows you to set a custom, maximum, allowable volume level for each zone.
- Rename Zone: Permits the creation of custom names for each zone, or choose from a list or preset vessel location names.
- Name this Device: Give your MediaMaster® a custom-name to easily recognize it on paired Bluetooth® devices and connected MFDs.
- Independently adjustable offset volume level for each zone
- Subwoofer zone’s level and tone controls can be linked or set to proportionally track (follow) Zone 1 or 2 or disabled.
Tone Control Mode options allow customization of treble, midrange bass and balance settings as:
- Same as Zone 1: Links the controls with Zone 1.
- Independent Tone Control: Permits distinct tone control adjustments for the selected zone.
Versatile audio output options with onboard signal processing:
- 6-channels of audiophile quality, 4V RMS preamp level outputs from two independent main zones, plus a dedicated subwoofer zone; all zones feature a zero-clipping audio circuit, with self-limiting tone controls to prevent speaker system damage
- Built-in amplifier generates 100 watts of high-fidelity output (25W RMS x 4) to power two main zones
- Both main zone output types (speaker and preamp level) include a high-pass crossover feature with selectable frequency selection (off/60/80/100/150 Hz)
- Subwoofer zone outputs equipped with a 500 Hz low-pass crossover
Three remote controller options (each sold separately):
- MMR-20-BE Wired Remote Controller: Connect up to three remotes for control functionality from distant vessel locations, up to 75 ft. away.
- MMR-10W Wireless Remote Controller: Waterproof, 2.4 GHz, key-fob style remote delivers handheld control from up to 150 ft. away.
- MMR-40 NMEA 2000® Network Controller: Full-function controller with LCD display delivers full MM50 display and control functionality via NMEA 2000® networks.
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 16 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||100 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||15 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||15 A|
|Remote Turn-on Capacity||500 mA (max)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-4 F to +158 F (-20 C to +70 C)|
|Display Size / Type||2.8-inch / TFT LCD backlighted|
|Display Resolution||320 x 240|
|Output Channels||Zones 1&2: Two stereo pairs of RCA plugs (4V RMS) Sub: One mono pair of RCA plugs (4V RMS)|
|Output Zones||Zones 1&2: Variable, Fixed or Off Sub: 500 Hz Low-Pass only|
|Maximum Output Voltage||4V RMS (Variable), Selectable 4V/2V/1V RMS (Fixed)|
|FM Tuner with RDS||87.5 MHz to 107.9 MHz (0.2 MHz step)|
|AM Tuner||530 kHz to 1710 kHz (10 kHz step)|
|NOAA Weather Band Tuner||162.400 MHz to 162.550 MHz (0.025 MHz step)|
|Favorites||18 presets across all tuners|
|Profile||A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.4|
|Core Specification||Version 2.1 + EDR|
|Connection Range||Up to 35 ft / 11 m|
|Interface||USB 2.0 host|
|Maximum Current Output||2.1 A|
|Supported Audio Formats||MP3, WAV, WMA|
|Apple Compatibility||iPhone 5 or beyond (functionality contingent upon compatible iOS release)|
|Height (H)||3.74 in / 95 mm|
|Width (W)||4.65 in / 118 mm|
|Depth (D1)||2.36 in / 60 mm|
|Depth (D2)||3.67 in / 93 mm|
|Mounting Hole Height (A)||3.12 in / 80 mm|
|Mounting Hole Width (B)||3.74 in / 95 mm|
U.S. 48 Only
For all items eligible for shipping:
FREE: 1-5 Business Days UPS
Expedited Shipping Options: Calculated At Checkout
Large Item Shipping Costs: Calculated At Checkout
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days or less have gone by since your purchase, we are happy to issue a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable):
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: 19010 Statesville Rd Cornelius North Carolina US 28031.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 19010 Statesville Rd Cornelius North Carolina US 28031
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
To reach customer service please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.